Forestry/Wood Science Graduate for Sawmill
Full Job Description
East brothers are looking for an outgoing, professional, and enthusiastic person to join our team based on the Hampshire/Wiltshire boarder within a Forestry/Wood Science Graduate position.
East Brothers Timber Ltd is a family-owned sawmill and Timber Merchant situated on the Hampshire/Wiltshire boarder within the village of West Dean since 1886. We specialised in bespoke, custom cut sawmill products in both Hardwood and Softwood. We also offer a range of additional services, such as kiln drying, plaining and moulding. We also stock an extensive range of kiln dried Hardwood for the use within the joinery industry.
East Brothers are looking for a Forestry/Wood Science Graduate to join our team who will approach the job in their own way. The job will consist of looking at all aspects of the company with the ability to get involved in sales, compliance and production aspects to name just a few. This job is primarily office-based and will begin with getting familiar with legislation and regulations in order to comply with FSC Certification as well as the Timber Trade Federation’s Responsible Purchasing Policy. You will need to be able to adapt and immerse yourself into this flexible role managing a number of various size projects effectively and efficiently with little supervision.
Person Specification - Competencies, skills, and experience:
- Degree or qualification in forestry and/or wood science or similar.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various suppliers, contractors etc.
- Excellent written and strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to comply data and technical information.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to be flexible within your position – (The attitude of “That’s not my job” doesn’t work within our company.)
- Ability to bring new and creative ideas.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once ensuring that deadlines are continuously met.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Knowledge of data entry and using databases.
- Familiarity with apple products including mobile phones, tablets, and other electrical devices.
- Willingness to learn and commitment to continuing professional development.
- Available to work Monday to Friday 9am-5pm with flexibility should the company require.
- Own means of transport or able to get to office due to remote location.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £24,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Diploma of Higher Education (preferred)
Apply via indeed link or email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org